Best of the Bugs is Full
Our Best of the Bugs Camp is now full. Fill out the registration form to get on the Wait List!
Alpine Rock Climbing Paradise
Calling all climbers and mountaineers! Have you always wanted to experience the alpine rock climbing paradise of the Bugaboos? Is this the year you tick this location off your bucket list? Or are you keen to return for more in this area because you already know how amazing it is?
The “Bugs” are situated in the jagged Purcell Mountains and mountaineers from all over the world are drawn to the airy, glacier-sculpted granite masses that uplift into spectacular spires. Match that with the largest icefields in the Purcells and you’ve got the perfect location for an elite climbing and mountaineering camp.
This camp will have a low 2:1 guest to guide ratio. We’ll stay in the comfortable Conrad Kain Hut and all of our food for the camp will be portered to the hut for us.
Nothing but Classics
The objectives of the camp will be the true classics of the Bugs; routes such as the NE Ridge and the Kain Route on Bugaboo Spire, the Snowpatch Route and Surf’s Up on Snowpatch Spire, the Pigeon Feather Traverse on Pigeon Spire and others. If participants are interested (and prepared for a bivy), there will be an option for larger objectives such as the Beckey-Chouinard on South Howser Tower.
- Day 1 – Meet at 8:00 am at the general store in Brisco, BC. We’ll do an equipment check, divide up gear and organize carpooling to the trailhead. We’ll then hike 7 km to the Conrad Kain Hut. After settling in, we’ll have a short hike and safety review.
- Day 2 – Climb
- Day 3 – Climb
- Day 4 – Climb
- Day 5 – Short climb in the morning and hike back to parking lot in the afternoon.
- Guiding throughout the camp
- Accommodation for 4 nights at the Conrad Kain Hut
- All meals starting with lunch on Day 1, ending with lunch on Day 5
- All group gear listed on page 2 + 3 of the Information Package
Participants must provide:
- Transportation to the meeting place in Brisco and onward to the trailhead (carpooling will be encouraged)
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Personal Gear (see equipment lists listed on page 2 + 3 of the Info Pack)
Level of Difficulty
This camp welcomes those who are physically fit and have previous mountaineering, multi-pitch rock climbing and glacier travel experience and are looking for a more challenging, guided, low-ratio mountaineering and climbing trip in the Bugaboos.