4th Annual Castle Mountain Resort
Ski Mountaineering Clinic and Race
Sprint format Skimo Race, 1:30PM Saturday, January 09th, 2016
Awards ceremonies & Skimo Social CMR Day lodge
6:00 – 10:30PM
Ski Mountaineering Individual Race 10:00AM Sunday, January 10th, 2016
CASTLE MOUNTAIN RESORT (CMR), Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada (SMCC), our title sponsor Buff Canada, and all of our SMCC sponsors are thrilled to present the 4th annual ‘Skimo’ races at CMR.
The Venue – Castle Mountain Resort
All the Beta, directions, information, mountain stats and trail maps about CMR is at www.skicastle.ca. There are numerous on-mountain and nearby options for accommodation. Information at www.castlerental.ca
New for 2016 is our Saturday afternoon Sprint format skimo race. Competitive, recreational, Junior and Master categories. Line up 4 to a heat and race alongside your friends in this fast-paced, spectator-friendly Skimo format. Multiple heats for each racer. Expect to take 5-10 minutes to complete each heat. Held right in front of the day lodge the Sprint Skimo is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Join us in the day lodge for our Saturday night Skimo Social and Open House. Podium ceremonies for our Sprint Skimo, great draw prizes, Vendor/Skimo Sponsor and other display tables. Plus a silent auction, cash bar, and appetizers. A Skimo slide show and Q & A’s with members of our Canadian National Skimo Team. Talented musicians will take the stage for an open Mic starting at 9:00PM.
The CMR Individual Skimo race features two similar but slightly different courses for Recreational and Competitive categories. Both circumnavigate the resort boundaries – up, down and in-between, on set and marked tracks. The Recreational route will gain and lose approx. 3837 vertical feet while competitive racers gain and lose approx. 4937 vertical feet.
The 4th annual CMR Individual Skimo race starts at 10:00AM Sunday, January 10, 2016The Clinic
Categories & Prizes
Competition (and prize) categories:
- Men’s/Women’s Competitive (Elite)
- Men’s/Women’s Recreational
- Junior (< 18 years of age)
- Men’s/Women’s Masters (50+)
There will be cash and gear prizes for the top finishers and draw prizes!
Saturday January 9th
- 9:00 – 12:00 Noon: On-site race registration, day lodge
- 10:30 – 12:30: Sprint course available to all athletes for practise runs and advise from experienced racers.
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm: Mandatory Racer Technical briefing (day lodge). Race bib and timing chip distribution.
- 1:30 – 3:30 pm: CMR Sprint Skimo
- 6:30 – 10:30 pm: Skimo Social (day lodge)
Sunday January 10th
- 08:00 – 09:00 am: On-site registration, day lodge
- 08:30 – 09:00 am: Mandatory Racer Technical Briefing, day lodge. Race bib and timing chip distribution.
- 09:40 am: Racers to start corral
- 09:45 – 10:00 am: Pre-race instructions and beacon check
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: CMR Individual Skimo!
- 2:00 – 5:00 pm: Awards ceremonies (day lodge)
Race Equipment & Clothing
For the Individual Skimo race each racer will need:
- Alpine Touring (AT), Telemark, or Splitboard rig
- Day pack, food, hydration
- Inner & outer wear layers
Registration and Fees
Advance registration is available via www.Zone4.ca (search for Castle Mountain Skimo).
Race entry fees include 2-day lift pass, Alpine Club of Canada participant insurance and the Skimo Social.
Adults without Castle pass, without ACC membership $95.00
Junior without Castle pass or ACC membership $75.00
Adults with Castle Pass, no ACC membership $35.00
Junior with Castle Pass, no ACC membership $30.00
Adults with Castle Pass & valid ACC membership $30.00
Junior with Castle Pass & valid ACC membership $25.00
Castle Mountain Skimo 2016 Results
The Alpine Club of Canada - Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada
The Alpine Club of Canada and Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada (SMCC) make up our National Federation governing skimo in Canada.
The ACC/SMCC coordinate the race calendar, record results, and keep athletes’ rankings, select national teams for international events, train and certify race officials, etc.
Bring your ACC membership card or number when you come to race. We provide liability coverage for the events on the SMCC calendar (hence the waivers and $5 dollar surcharge for non-member racers). You can join our bold group as a volunteer, as an athlete, as an organizer, a sponsor, or as a fan.