A Special Award to Recognize Extraordinary Services to The Alpine Club of Canada
The President’s Award is presented to individuals deserving recognition for extraordinary service towards the activities of the ACC. This award is available to both ACC members and non-members. The form of this award is a wood and brass plaque. Starting with the 2006 award nominations the President’s Award has replaced the Special Award which was instituted in 1984.
Award Eligibility and Contribution
In order to be eligible for the President’s Award, the nominee:
- Must be acting on a voluntary basis or exceeding value of their remuneration
- Must have given extraordinary service to the Alpine Club of Canada
Membership in the ACC is not a requirement for consideration for the President’s Award.
Nominations must be made:
- In writing via the President’s Award Nomination form
- By a Club member
- Before December 31
- The Awards Committee will review the nominations and submit their recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval
- Approval of a nomination requires not less than three-quarters of the voting members of the Board of Directors
- Award winners will be announced at the Club’s Annual General Meeting
- Brass on wood plaque describing the award
President's Award - Past Recipients