Quick Links for this Page
This page contains information and policies regarding booking the ACC’s Huts. Click the link here to be taken to the relevant section below.
- How to Book ACC Huts and Clubhouse Properties
- About Rates – ACC Membership and Hut Bookings
- Hut Fees and the Environment
- Parks Canada Wilderness Passes
- Hut Booking Lotteries
- Ski weeks at Fairy Meadow and Kokanee Glacier Cabin
- Summer bookings at Elizabeth Parker
- Payment Information
- Cancellation Information
How to Book ACC Huts and Clubhouse Properties
Booking Huts and the Canmore Clubhouse
- Calling 403-678-3200 ext. 0
- Stopping by the Clubhouse in Canmore
- We will try to answer your hut questions by email, but reservations must be made in person or on the phone.
About Clubhouse Reservations
- No deposit is required, however a credit card number is taken to hold the reservation.
- Full payment is required at time of check-in.
- To make a reservation, please call 403-678-3200 ext 0.
- For exclusive bookings at the Canmore location, please email our reservations team
About Backcountry Hut Reservations
To book a stay at one of our huts, contact us to see what dates are available. We can accommodate most inquiries, particularly if the party has some flexibility with dates or the destination.
We will need to know:
- The name of the hut(s) you are reserving.
- The dates you want to book.
- The number of members (and their names), non-members and children (16 and under) in your party.
- A Visa or MasterCard number to pay for the booking.
- Who in your party need National Park wilderness passes.
About Rates - ACC Membership and Hut Bookings
ACC Membership is not required for booking ACC huts
- Member rates for overnights at most of our huts (see BC Parks huts and section huts, below) is $30/night. Non-member rate is $40/night.
- Where applicable, the child rate applies for all children who are 16 years of age and younger on the date of the hut overnight.
- All ACC members receive member rates at the Canmore Clubhouse properties (Clubhouse, Bell Cabin and Boswell Cabin) and the Canadian Alpine Centre in Lake Louise.
- Peak rates may apply at some huts. Elizabeth Parker hut Summer, Wheeler and Asulkan Winter Dec. 2016 – April 2017.
- All ACC Members can reserve huts up to one year in advance.
- Non-members can reserve huts up to 30 days in advance and the Canmore Clubhouse properties up to one year in advance.
- You can qualify for advance booking privileges and discounts by purchasing a membership at the time of booking.
Booking BC Parks Huts:
The ACC operates 5 huts in the BC Parks jurisdiction: Elk Lakes Cabin, Woodbury Cabin, Silver Spray Cabin, Kokanee Glacier Cabin and the Conrad Kain Hut. Booking privileges and rates at BC Parks Huts are as follows:
- ACC Membership is not required to book BC Parks Huts which can be booked up to one year in advance.
- Rates for ACC Members and non-members are $25/night.
- Family rate is $50/night and includes 2 adults and up to 3 children 16 years and under residing at the same address.
- There is no discounted rate for children.
Booking ACC Section Huts:
Bookings for these section huts are made directly with the section. Rates and booking policies are set by the section and discounted rates are often available for members of that section.
Additional details on our membership policy and rate changes which went into effect November 1, 2015.
Hut Fees and the Environment
The ACC operates the largest network of backcountry huts in North America. The costs involved in servicing, maintaining and upgrading the hut system are substantial. Here’s a little bit about our fees:
- The hut fees that we collect pay for the operation and long-term viability of the hut system.
- A portion of all hut fees goes to our Energy, Water and Waste Management Fund which is used to minimize our huts’ impact on the environment.
- Our goal is to come as close as possible to zero impact on the areas in which we operate facilities. We can only do this with the help of informed and conscientious hut users.
- Please be responsible about paying your hut fees.
Parks Canada Backcountry Wilderness Passes
Parks Canada requires all overnight backcountry users (including users of ACC huts in the National Parks) to purchase a Wilderness Pass.
- This pass can be purchased at the time of hut booking.
- A portion of the Wilderness Pass fees collected by the ACC go toward conservation and environmental work at the Club’s huts located within National Parks.
- Wilderness Pass pricing:
- Overnight Wilderness Pass: $9.80
- Annual Wilderness Pass: $68.70
- Annual Wilderness Passes may be purchased from the ACC at any time.
- Overnight wilderness passes may only be purchased with a hut booking.
Hut Booking Lotteries
Some of our most popular huts are reserved in advance through a lottery system.
Payments for Clubhouse properties bookings:
- Reservations must be secured with a credit card.
- Full payment is required at time of check-in.
For large groups (10 or more) at the Clubhouse properties:
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
- The balance is required 60 days prior to the booking.
Hut booking payments:
- Hut bookings require a 20% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking.
- All hut bookings that total less than $300 must be paid in full at the time of booking with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Balances are due 60 days in advance of the booking and will be processed automatically on the reservation credit card.
Cancelling Clubhouse properties bookings (includes Clubhouse, Bell Cabin, Boswell Cabin):
- No-shows and cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 100% of the first night’s accommodation.
Cancelling large groups (10 or more) at the Clubhouse properties:
- Cancellations with 30 days notice will be refunded (less the 20% deposit).
- Cancellations with less than 30 days notice will be refunded 50%.
- No-shows and cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will not be refunded.
Cancelling hut bookings:
Note: Fairy Meadow Hut and Kokanee Glacier Cabin winter ski weeks are not covered by this policy.
- All bookings are subject to a 20% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking.
- Refunds of the remaining fees will be given as follows:
- For groups of less than 10 – if the cancellation is made more than 72 hours prior to the booking.
- For groups of 10 or more – if the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the booking
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours (or 30 days) prior to the booking will be refunded 50% of the total booking.
- Cancellations made after a booking has begun will not be refunded.
- For cancellation purposes, a booking begins at the start of the day of the first overnight.
- Changes to a reservation (such as reducing numbers or reducing days at a hut or changing hut) are subject to this cancellation policy.
- Cancellation and medical insurance is recommended. See the ACC Trip Insurance page.