Elizabeth Parker Hut
GPS Coordinates: 51°21' 18"-116°20' 36" NAD83 11U 545726 5689508
For more detailed information, view these printable pages on Elizabeth Parker Hut
This is the flagship of the fleet! For overall comfort and straightforward access this is the place to be! Wheeler Hut is easier to reach but "EP" has a charm and feeling of warmth that is hard to beat.
As much as any single person, Elizabeth Parker was largely responsible for the formation of the Alpine Club of Canada, and this hut sits as a wonderful tribute to her efforts. The Lake O'Hara region is a stunning masterpiece of mountain architecture which has to be seen to be believed and appreciated.
In summer the opportunities for doing fantastic hikes are endless. There are so many classic trails here that many seasons would be required to complete them all. Climbing is excellent in the area as well, with a mixture of rock and alpine routes which will keep most alpinists happy.
The hut is also one of the most popular in winter - one of the few ACC huts which can be reasonably reached with cross country skis. Ski touring in the area varies from easy, flat tours to serious backcountry skiing on avalanche prone slopes and glaciers.
The main cabin is spacious and has a propane system which provides the cooking and lighting. An efficient woodstove will have the place toasty warm in no time. There is even an oven in the kitchen, a feature which the ACC has provided in many of its huts. A well-equipped kitchen and covered foamies help complete the picture of pure comfort! The hut sleeps 24 in summer and 20 in winter.
Approach in summer is by bus to the Le Relais Day
Shelter then a quick 1 km hike to the hut. Link
to info on bus schedule.
In winter the road is not plowed so the total distance is 12 km to the hut from the trailhead, but it is very straightforward skiing. Allow 3 to 4 hours for the trip in winter.
The hut is also used as a base for mountaineering and a starting point for trips to the Abbot Pass Hut.
NOTE: This facility
is subject to peak rate pricing. For more on peak rate pricing
and Alpine Club of Canada facility rates please click here.
To receive a quote or to book please contact the Club's reservations
team at 403-678-3200 ext. 0 or email
All parties interested in booking the Elizabeth Parker Hut from the third weekend of June to the first weekend of October 2014 are encouraged to complete the online lottery application. The Lottery opens on October 28 and closes November 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm Mountain time.
• Lottery winners will be contacted on or before December 2, 2013.
• Lottery winners must confirm their booking with a 20% non-refundable deposit by 9:00pm MST, December 13, 2013.
• Bookings not confirmed by December 13 will be available on a first-come first-served basis beginning December 16 at 8:00am.
• Lottery winners are required to have a facilities upgrade option on their membership at the time of reservation.
• Once the booking is confirmed all standard cancellation and payment policies apply.
• The lottery application fee is $10/date requested.
• There is no limit to the number of lottery entries that you can make for the same date or different dates.
• The maximum duration of any trip is 7 nights.
• The 2014 Lake O'Hara bus schedule has not been set by Parks Canada. Therefore bus times are subject to change and the time submitted in the lottery will be considered a request - not confirmed.
• Nightly, per person fees for the months of June (once the bus is running) through September of 2014 at Elizabeth Parker Hut will be $30.00 for facility members and $41.00 for non-facility members. (Subject to change)
Apply for the lottery online: Elizabeth Parker lottery application form
Winter bookings at the Elizabeth Parker hut are the same as standard hut booking policies, for more information please see Bookings.
Please note that there is also a new policy for ACC Section bookings at Elizabeth Parker. Click the link or contact your Section Representative or call the National Office for more details.
Send your requests for summertime hut bookings in the Elizabeth Parker hut to:
The Alpine Club of Canada. All rights reserved.
|VISION: Preserving, practicing and promoting Canadian mountain culture and self-propelled alpine pursuits.
Préserver, pratiquer et promouvoir la culture alpine canadienne et les activités non motorisées en montagne.