The ACC is a not-for-profit organization established in 1906 that has grown to include 32 backcountry huts and 24 volunteer-run sections across the country. We also run seasonal programs such as our annual General Mountaineering Camp as well as Shadow Lake Lodge, our hostel in Canmore and our newly acquired Twin Falls Tea House. We have a rich history in Canadian Mountaineering and a dynamic team at the office to manage our diverse portfolios.
Maintenance workers report to and work under the supervision and guidance of the Maintenance Manager. Their goal is to fulfill our mission of promoting alpine experiences, knowledge and culture by working on our facilities team to handle all maintenance, repairs and improvements for all Alpine Club of Canada (ACC) properties owned or operated by the enabling our members and guests to have the best facilities possible.
This is a full-time salary position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is based out of the ACC Clubhouse in Canmore, Alberta.
| Application Period Opens:
|| Friday, November 3, 2022
| Application Period Ends:
|| Friday, November 25, 2022 at midnight
| Start Date:
|| As soon as possible
| How to apply:
|| Email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected] before the application deadline
Skills & Qualifications:
- Performing grounds maintenance, repairs and improvements for properties owned or operated by ACC. Duties include planting, trimming, and edging, raking leaves, brush removal, chipping and removing trash and debris;
- Operating hand tools, power tools, small to medium-sized equipment including Tractor, John Deere Gator and related implements;
- Driving trucks and equipment of various sizes up to 1 ton in the loading, hauling and unloading of equipment, material, outhouse barrels, propane and other materials;/li>
- Inspecting and performing preventative maintenance and repairs as needed;
- Performing routine building maintenance and janitorial duties for ACC facilities, including; sanding, painting, staining, and light construction under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor;
- Operating hand and power tools safely and responsibly;
- Completing the daily, weekly and monthly tasks checklists according to department specifications and guidelines;
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including aspects such as; working at height, working alone, working in remote locations, Transportation of dangerous goods, working with aircraft;
- Participating in maintenance staff orientations and evaluations;
- Ensuring good staff relations are maintained and providing effective public relations with members, guests and outside agencies;
- Executing work order requests with the maintenance supervisor or manager;
- Reporting any mechanical failures or unsafe conditions and promoting safety in the workplace;
- Collecting and maintaining inventory control of maintenance and custodial supplies;
- Being aware of and following emergency response procedures for both urban and remote locations, including all practice drills;
- Being accountable for the delivery of a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver programs;
- Travelling to remote facilities on foot, by vehicle or aircraft to repair facilities on a scheduled basis;
- Supporting backcountry hut maintenance and Shadow Lake Lodge operations as required; and
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Preserving, practicing, and promoting Canadian mountain culture and self-propelled alpine pursuits.
- Skilled in Outdoor pursuits or equivalent experience.
- One years’ experience in the trades construction/maintenance industry.
- Willing to work extended hours and stay overnight on backcountry hut maintenance trips.
- Experienced in helicopter long-lining.
- Experience driving a commercial vehicle with trailers.
- Valid Driver’s License with three years of insurance history in Canada.
Préserver, pratiquer et promouvoir la culture alpine canadienne et les activités non motorisées en montagne.