Fairy Meadow Staging Manager
The Alpine Club of Canada (ACC) operates a 50 bed hostel and 26 backcountry huts that are located through-out the Canadian Rockies, including the premier backcountry ski destination at Bill Putnam (Fairy Meadow) Hut. We are seeking highly motivated applicants to welcome and prepare guests for their flights to Fairy Meadow as our Fairy Meadow Staging Manager.
The ACC utilizes a helicopter staging area located near Donald, BC for our ski week trips to Fairy Meadow. The Staging Manager will greet and provide an orientation of the staging area. Working closely with helicopter pilots to, the staging manager will ensure a safe, smooth and efficient transfer of guests to Fairy Meadow Hut. Guest exchange flights are scheduled every Saturday from Dec through May.
| Application Period Opens:
|| Tuesday, August 16, 2022
| Contract dates:
|| December 10th - May 6th
| How to apply:
|| Email your resume and cover letter to Michael Geertsema at [email protected]
We want to hear from you, if you:
- Create great guest experiences for our ski week guests by ensuring all guest interactions are timely, friendly and professional.
- Ensure staging location meets ACC expectations for cleanliness and safety.
- Coordinate snow removal with contractor if required and clear any snow from staging area, parking, outhouse and yurt prior to guest arrival using hand shovels.
- Provide facility orientation, including a waiver discussion, safety and pre-helicopter arrival briefings.
- Serve as the communication point at staging for Helicopter Pilots using radio protocol.
- Oversee loading and unloading of the helicopters so that it is completed safely and timely.
- Ensure guests safety around the helicopters.
Preserving, practicing, and promoting Canadian mountain culture and self-propelled alpine pursuits.
- Have a positive and engaging personality, and a familiarity with the ACC.
- Can commit to working Saturdays from Dec 10 to May 6, and be available for Sundays if required.
- Backcountry touring experience is an asset, but not required.
- Have strong communication skills and are proficient at setting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Are comfortable working alone, have a friendly demeanour and are committed to providing a great experience to our guests.
Préserver, pratiquer et promouvoir la culture alpine canadienne et les activités non motorisées en montagne.