Full-time Reservations Agent (37.5hrs/week)
Located on the edge of Canmore on the 1A highway, the ACC operates a 50 bed hostel and 26 backcountry huts through-out the Canadian Rockies. We enjoy an informal work environment and our guests often like to speak with the staff about their latest adventures and seek advice on the best local favourite climbing or hiking routes. We are seeking highly motivated applicants with experience travelling to our backcountry huts or a passion for the mountain environment.
Operating 7 days a week from the ACC Clubhouse, the Reservations Agent is the first point of contact with our
guest. Responsible for checking in guests, making reservations for the hostel and our backcountry huts and
helping inform guests about our network of backcountry huts. Previous travel and hostel experience and
knowledge of the National Parks are essential in this role.
| Start Date:
|| As soon as possible
| How to apply:
|| Email your resume and cover letter to Clubhouse and Facilities Administration Supervisor, Lana Harty at [email protected].
| Starting Wage:
We want to hear from you, if you:
- Check-in and check-out guests in a timely, friendly and professional manner to ensure a seamless arrival and departure experience.
- Create great guest experiences for our hostel guests by provide information on ACC facilities and the local community.
- Create reservations for the Canmore hostel and backcountry huts and provide detailed information on trailhead and route descriptions to access our facilities.
- Receive and direct incoming phone calls and respond to guest inquiries.
- Provide information on the Alpine Club of Canada, including member services, adventures programs and special events.
- Limited housekeeping duties as needed, including cleaning common areas, preparing rooms for guests and laundry.
- Have a positive and engaging personality, and a familiarity with the ACC.
- Have previous travel and hostel experience or experience in a customer service position.
- Have strong computer skills and are proficient at setting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Are detail oriented, friendly and are committed to providing a great experience to our guests.
- A 2nd language is an asset.
Preserving, practicing, and promoting Canadian mountain culture and self-propelled alpine pursuits.
- Fun and relaxed working environment with an awesome team.
- We are affiliated with HI Hostels and offer free stays at HI Hostels and at ACC Huts for your next big adventure.
- Subsidized on-site housing.
- Health and dental benefits package after 3-month probationary period.
- RRSP matching contribution plan after 1 year of employment.
Préserver, pratiquer et promouvoir la culture alpine canadienne et les activités non motorisées en montagne.