Service Team Member, WINTER 2023 - ACC's Shadow Lake Lodge
The Alpine Club of Canada promotes alpine experiences, knowledge and culture; responsible access; and excellence in mountain skills and leadership. We bring together, and give voice to, Canada’s mountaineering community.
Shadow Lake Lodge is the ACC’s only full-serviced backcountry accommodation. Shadow Lake Lodge, located in the backcountry of Banff National Park, is an excellent base for hiking and exploration. Comfortable lodging in private cabins and hearty, healthy, gourmet meals, along with the hospitality of the ACC create a memorable experience for each and every guest.
Must love the outdoors and working in a remote location! We are looking for reliable individuals with guest service skills who will assist with various duties during our upcoming winter season at Shadow Lake Lodge. You will be on a team with other like-minded individuals to provide assistance with food service, food prep, housekeeping and delivering excellent customer service. You will be an important piece of the overall operations at the lodge and will continue to provide the exemplary service levels that have come to be expected by returning and first-time guests.
This is a seasonal job opportunity. The SLL winter work season runs from mid January - late March, over weekends (Fridays through Sundays). Daily rate of pay is based on an 11-hour day, worked as a split shift.
This job is in a remote area of Banff National Park. Accommodation is provided on shift, as well as lodging at our Canmore ACC Hostel (subject to availability & a nominal fee) off shift. Employees are required to find their own way to and from the lodge for work shifts (by vehicle to the Redearth Creek trailhead & skiing, snowshoeing or biking up to the lodge).
| Application Period Opens:
| Start Date:
|| Ideal candidates would be available for training no later than January 17th.
|| $190/day + gratuities.
| How to apply:
|| Email your resume and cover letter to Lauren Quarles at [email protected] before the application deadline.
The Service Team member will be responsible for the following:
- Providing information about the lodge, the services, and activities available in the area.
- Cleaning, stocking and maintaining lounge spaces, lodge cabins and washrooms.
- Helping prep, serve, and host meals/beverages for guests.
- Maintaining walking paths, shovelling snow, & chopping wood.
- Assisting management in preparing bills, and reviewing accounts with guests.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The ideal candidate must:
- Reports directly to the Lodge Manager.
- Works closely with service team and chef to ensure smooth, quality service for guests.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Possess excellent interpersonal teamwork skills.
- Be able to work without access to the internet for the duration of your shift at the lodge.
- Be proactive with the ability to think and work independently.
- Have a background in lodge hospitality, fine dining and/or adventure tourism (preferred).
- Have outstanding communication skills – be able to collect and act on feedback in an effective and timely manner.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preserving, practicing, and promoting Canadian mountain culture and self-propelled alpine pursuits.
Préserver, pratiquer et promouvoir la culture alpine canadienne et les activités non motorisées en montagne.