SIGN IN

The Alpine Club of Canada

Newsletters

STAY IN THE LOOP WITH ACC NEWSLETTERS

ACC DISPATCH

YOUR BI-WEEKLY MOUNTAIN MUSE

Audience: ACC members and mountain community.
Frequency: Every second Wednesday.
ACC membership: Not required.
Expect: ACC news, community happenings, job postings, grants, photography & art, mountain science, climbing stories and the occasional dancing bear video. The ACC’s flagship email newsletter.

HUT INSIDER

THE INSIDE TRACK ON ACC FACILITIES

Audience: Hut lovers.
Frequency: Every Tuesday, plus cancellation alerts.
ACC Membership: Not required.
Expect: Hut availability, trip recommendations, servicing updates and the odd hut story. We announce all hut news here first.

SHADOW LAKE LODGE INSIDER

NEWS FROM OUR LODGE IN BANFF’S BACKCOUNTRY

Audience: Lodge guests and the curious.
Frequency: Monthly. Sometimes more in the summer.
Expect: Stories and specials from one of the prettiest corners of Banff National Park. Heavy on seasonal meadow flowers and golden larches.

GMC OUTPOST

CONNECTING NEWBIES, LIFERS AND LOVERS OF THE GMC

Audience: Mountaineering enthusiasts of all levels.
Frequency: Monthly in the offseason; bi-weekly in summer.
Expect: General Mountaineering Camp news all year. Announcements of guides, and routes. Stories from camp. We’ll announce next year’s camp here first.

SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK

We love to get feedback on our newsletters – it helps us get better. Also, feel free to send us story ideas for future issues.

ACC Newsletter Privacy Policy

The Alpine Club of Canada highly values your privacy and will never share, rent or sell your email address to anyone. Your email address is secure in The Alpine Club of Canada database.

HERE'S WHAT SOME OF OUR 30,000+ READERS HAVE TOLD US ABOUT THE DISPATCH

"Just wanted to pass along my kudos regarding the ACC’s newsletter. I’m really appreciative of the updates and am finding the content – particularly the Canadian content – useful, entertaining and sometimes straight out inspiring. So thanks to all of you who are working to put this together. Yup, I realize I’ve already thanked you, but wanted to do so again."

“In a recent newsletter, you linked to an article about backcountry experiences with kids that mentioned the Hostelling International wilderness hostels. As a result of reading this, my husband, eight-year-old daughter and I booked ourselves in to the HI Mosquito Creek hostel for the July long weekend, and really had a wonderful time. We did a couple of long (well, long by eight-year-old standards) hikes that went surprisingly well, and my daughter announced that she wants to be a mountain climber when she grows up! Thanks for the tip!”

“I LOVE the ACC newsletter!! Love love love it. You guys are doing a great job with it. I get news here that I can’t get anywhere else. Keep on keeping on…”

"I can tell you that it definitely gets read. I’ve already gotten a couple of hundred more visits this afternoon than I usually do. Cheers!"

"I don’t have a story, rather I would like to pay a compliment to the person(s) producing the newsletter– you’re doing a very good job! I have followed up and used many of the website references. They are interesting, relevant and useful. Kudos to you"

- VARIOUS DISPATCH SUBSCRIBERS-