Summer Facilities Maintenance Worker (Student)
The ACC is seeking a full-time Facilities Maintenance Worker for summer 2020 who has a passion for the backcountry along with trades experience in carpentry, electrical and plumbing. This person will work closely with our Maintenance Team in all aspects of maintaining and upgrading our hostel and office facilities as well as assisting with maintenance of our network of backcountry huts.
Applicants must be students under the age of 30.
Location: Canmore, AB
Start Date: Immediately
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overall maintenance of the interior and exterior of our hut network and Canmore Clubhouse hostel.
- Servicing of mechanical systems (furnaces, pumps, etc).
- Work at remote sites (backcountry huts) including replacing and pumping of outhouse barrels.
- Other maintenance and cleaning tasks as required.
The ideal applicant will be:
- (Skilled in construction, maintenance and servicing of mechanical systems. Any trade certifications will be seen as beneficial.
- Willing to work long hours and stay overnight on backcountry hut maintenance trips.
- Skilled in backcountry and mountain travel and safety.
- Experienced in helicopter long-lining and driving commercial vehicles with trailers.
- ACC staff enjoy pro deal discounts with many of our partner brands and discounts on ACC merchandise.
- We offer an informal and friendly work environment where our team works hard and plays hard.
About The Alpine Club of Canada
The Alpine Club of Canada is Canada's national mountain club. We promote alpine experiences, knowledge and culture; responsible access; and excellence in mountain skills and leadership.
Position open immediately, submit cover letter and resume to: Bill Cardinal, Maintenance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.