Updated June 1, 2020

ACC Coronavirus information

We are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation through Health Canada and we are following their suggested precautions. As the situation continues to evolve, we are always considering the best option for the safety of our members, our staff and our community.

The ACC has suspended operations in facilities, adventures, some National Office services. Please see below for additional information and links.

ACC National Office

As of March 17, the ACC National Office at the Canmore Clubhouse is closed to outside traffic.

As of April 6, we will be answering phone calls between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm everyday.

The following services have been suspended
  • In-person visits and appointments at the National Office.
  • ACC Online Store – as of March 17, we will not be fulfilling online store orders until further notice.
The following services will remain operational
  • Membership services including new memberships and renewals
  • 2021 ski weeks lotteries
  • All ACC publications and messaging including
    • 2020 Canadian Alpine Journal
    • 2019 Annual Report
    • 2020 State of the Mountains Report
    • Gazette magazine
    • Dispatch newsletter
    • ACC social media channels
Our staff will continue working remotely and you can reach us here

ACC Facilities

  • June 1, 2020: We have cancelled all existing hut bookings and we will be announcing a phased re-opening of our huts in the coming days with new policies and new booking procedures.
  • May 1, 2020: We have stopped taking reservations for backcountry huts until further notice.
  • March 13, 2020: We have cancelled all hut bookings for the period of March 13 to June 13, 2020. We are offering our standard 80% refund or a 100% credit on all payments that have been made on bookings for that time.
  • March 13, 2020: We have closed our Canmore properties (Clubhouse, Bell Cabin, Boswell Cabin) until June 13, 2020.
Please see the Facilities Coronavirus Page for more information.

ACC Adventures

Suspended or Postponed
  • May 7: the 2020 Mt. Mummery GMC has been postponed to 2021.
  • March 17: the ACC has cancelled all remaining camps for the winter 2020 season.
  • All summer camps are remaining open for registration at this time.
Please see the Adventures Coronavirus Page for more information and updates.

Annual general Meeting

  • The AGM originally scheduled for May 24 in Canmore has been postponed to autumn, 2020.

We wish you and your families good health in these difficult times and we look forward to seeing you in the mountains in the near future.