Support The Alpine Club of Canada
Whether you are strapping on crampons for the first time or adding a new ascent to your checklist, you will find a welcoming community here that shares your passion.
Our club is able to deliver exemplary alpine experiences at extraordinary value because of the commitment and the generous support of our community.
Our club delivers great value and fellowship, enriches lives, promotes and protects our natural spaces. But our community’s needs and interests are changing and we need to keep pace. You are helping provide alpine explorers with affordable, responsible and thrilling wilderness adventures. You are caring for and growing North America’s largest system of back-country huts. You are fostering a network of talented volunteers and leaders. You are celebrating our mountain story and advocating for the protection of our environment.
To learn about the impact of a donation, you can read about the reflections from past ACC Donors.
Your support helps:
- the continued development and care of North America’s largest system of back-country huts.
- the training and resources to our remarkable network of volunteer leaders who give hundreds of hours of their own time each year to deliver safe, responsible adventures
- the fiscal sustainability of our club, to ensure we can meet the future.
- our position as Canada’s leading voice in sharing and celebrating our mountain story.
- our continuing the protection, preservation and promotion of our playground.
- download the Canadian donation form for mail-in gifts
- make a Gift of Securities. You can make a gift of publicly traded securities to the ACC – it’s simple and tax effective.
- honour someone special by Memorial or Tribute Giving. Contact ACC Executive Director to learn how you can make an in-memory or tribute gift to the ACC.
- if you are an American resident, you make a Gift from the United States and may be eligible for a charitable tax receipt through our US ACC Foundation.
- download our legacy giving brochure for the opportunity to continue an annual gift in perpetuity, invest in future generations and provide a personal long-term legacy to our mountain community.
Ways to Give
There are many ways to bring together and give voice to Canada’s mountaineering community. There are many ways to choose a giving option that is meaningful to you.
PRESERVE THE HISTORY OF THE ACC
The Bev Bendell Library Conservation Fund is committed to the growth and enhancement of the Club’s library collection.
Long-time member and A.O. Wheeler Legacy Award recipient, Bev Bendell donated $100,000 to the Club in 2007. Since Bev was a professional librarian and also the Club’s volunteer librarian for several years, the donation was used to create a permanent library fund. This fund is administered by the Mountain Culture Committee, who use the annual investment income from the fund to purchase books for the ACC library, restore older library books, publish new books and other library-related projects.
Donate to the Library Fund
STRENGTHENING YOUR NATIONAL ALPINE CLUB FOR GENERATIONS TO COME
The Greatest Needs Fund is a permanent legacy of the ACC. This fund has been in place for over 15 years, and has grown considerably over that time through generous donations and bequests from members who included the ACC in their estate planning. Interest income is used annually to support strategic priorities and projects.
Funding distributed through grants approved by the ACC Board of Directors.
Donate to Greatest Needs
Philippe Delesalle Fund
Help disadvantaged Youth experience Canada's Mountains
The Philippe Delesalle Fund was created to support disadvantaged children and youth who would otherwise have limited opportunities to experience the mountains, mountain life and mountain culture. Each year, the proceeds of this fund will be used to finance underprivileged individuals attending a youth-specific immersive mountaineering camp or related program.
Donate to Philippe Delesalle Fund
Preserving and protecting our playground
Wilderness is a diminishing and irreplaceable resource of great intrinsic value, not only to those who recreate in its spaces, but to everyone on our planet. The Environment Fund is a permanent fund to be used to create a legacy of environmental improvement.
The Environment Fund provides financial support annually to projects related to preservation of the alpine and Arctic environments and climbing areas in Canada. Your donation goes directly to these projects.
Donate to Environment Fund