The ACC has made changes to our huts and our booking system to make them available for bookings for summer 2020 and up to October 31. There are presently no plans in place for hut bookings after October 31. Our huts are available for booking requests by ACC members as well as the general public. Reservations are required for all bookings.
For summer 2020 we have:
- Made all hut bookings exclusive to reduce contact between groups and reduce potential geographic spread of COVID-19.
- Reduced all hut group sizes to 15 person maximum.
- Scheduled 24 hour transition periods between bookings at our busiest facilities for disinfecting.
- Limited bookings at our more remote huts to one booking per week and allowed for a minimum of 72 hours between bookings.
- Increased COVID-related hut user information and signage.
- Removed all non-essential hut items (extra kitchen supplies, books, games, etc.).
- Installed hand sanitizing stations.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting supplies.
Entire hut bookings
All hut booking for summer 2020 will be for the entire hut (exclusive booking). There will be one point of contact for the booking and all members of the group accept the collective risk of traveling together and staying in the hut.
All summer 2020 all hut bookings are exclusive.
Huts with structured booking schedule
The ACC's most popular huts (Elizabeth Parker, Stanley Mitchell, Bow, Wheeler, Asulkan, Fryatt, Wates-Gibson, Elk Lakes, Conrad Kain and Kokanee Glacier) will be disinfected in between bookings and reservations are limited to the following periods weekly:
- 2 nights (arriving Friday, checking out Sunday).
- 3 nights (arriving Monday, checking out Thursday).
- 6 nights (arriving Friday, checking out Thursday).
- 6 nights (arriving Monday, checking out Sunday).
Sunday nights and Thursday nights are reserved for sanitizing and are not available to book with the exception of during 6-night bookings.
Huts with unstructured schedule
Our less busy or more remote huts (Neil Colgan, Fairy Meadow, Peyto, Balfour, Scott Duncan, Castle Mountain, Sapphire Col, Mt. Alberta, Mt. Colin, Great Cairn, Glacier Circle) will be available to book during the summer with the following requirements:
- 2 nights minimum booking.
- Recommended weekend booking.
- Minimum 72 hour time period between bookings.
These huts will not be disinfected by the ACC between bookings and we recommend parties do their own disinfecting of surfaces on arrival.
Canmore Clubhouse property
The Bell and Boswell cabins are available for booking requests for any nights. These cabins will be disinfected by our housekeeping staff prior to each arrival.
Booking Requests Window
We are accepting booking requests for all of the above huts and cabins on a rolling, 2-month timeline. For example, booking requests for September 4 will be open on July 4.
We will be strictly adhering to check in (3:00 pm) and check out (11:00 am) times.
To see which of our huts are open for summer 2020, please see the Rates section below.
All huts open for summer 2020 will have restricted capacities to limit group size. These numbers are based on provincial and federal recommended group sizes and will be strictly enforced.
Covid-19 Health Questionnaire
All booked parties will be required to submit names for each member of their party, as well as confirm the health of those individuals. This will be sent out 5 days prior to your arrival and must be received within 24 hours of your arrival to the facility.
If anyone in your party experiences any COVID-like symptoms during your stay (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath), you must immediately vacate the facility and travel directly to your place of origin to follow up with your local health authority for possible testing for COVID-19. You are required to immediately contact the ACC to inform us of your situation. Any associated costs are not the responsibility of the ACC.