Many of our Adventure Camps are supported by our generous sponsors. We thank them for their ongoing assistance and encourage our members to consider them the next time you purchase goods or services of the type they offer.
We’ve been organizing Mountain Adventures since 1906
That means that we’ve had 111 years to get it right. When you sign up for an Alpine Club of Canada adventure, you can expect friendly and professional guiding staff, small groups of like-minded participants, and a chance to explore some of the most spectacular mountain locations Canada has on offer. We offer a full lineup of mountaineering and skiing trips to suit all abilities and ambitions. Come find out why our members come back year after year!
2018 GMC pre-registration now open. Registration for our other 2018 summer adventures will open mid-November!
Follow the links for details on our camps or scroll down for our Adventure Programs.
Winter 2018 powder camps
Winter 2018 women’s program
Winter 2018 Ski Traverses
Winter 2018 Climbing
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 1
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 2
- AST-2: Rogers Pass
- Managing Avalanche Terrain
- Introduction to Backcountry Skiing
- Women’s-Only Introduction to Backcountry Skiing
- Next Steps Backcountry Skiing
- Introduction to Ski Mountaineering
- Introduction to Winter Camping
- Crevasse Rescue
Winter 2018 Global Adventures
Summer 2018 Climbing & Mountaineering Camps
- First Summits
- High Adventures at Lake O’Hara
- Rogers Pass Classics
- Adamants Granite
- Best of the Bugaboos
- 55+ Hiking and Mountaineering: Fairy Meadows
- Norway: Climb in the Midnight Sun
- China: Trekking and Mountaineering in Qinghai Province
Summer 2018 GMC
- 2018 Hallam Glacier GMC – Pre-registration now open!
Summer 2018 Women’s Camps
- Women’s Climbing Camp (Icefields Edition)
- Women’s Introduction to Mountaineering
- Women’s Introduction to Climbing
- Women’s Alpine Rock & Multipitch
- Women’s Backpacking Long Weekend
Summer 2018 Backpacking Adventures
- Season opener: Canada Day Extravaganza
- Weekend Backpack: Beauty Lakes
- Mount Edziza: Spectrum Range Adventure
Summer 2018 Skills
- Summer Leadership Course
- Learn to Lead: Sport
- Learn to Lead: Trad
- Crevasse Rescue
- Snow & Ice Mountaineering
ACC General Mountaineering Camp - Presented by Mountain Hardwear
From our first camp on the shores of Lake O’Hara in 1906 to modern helicopter-accessed basecamps, the General Mountaineering Camp has been the ACC’s signature adventure for over a century. Each summer, we select a different remote alpine destination for our annual camp. For five weeks, we teach skills; cross glaciers; summit peaks large and small; and love our mountains. When we’re finished, we fly everything out, leave the area the way we found it, and start dreaming about next year. All ability levels are welcomed. Join us!
General Mountaineering Camp, 2017
- Hallam Glacier GMC (June 30 – August 18, 2018 – 6 week-long camps). For six weeks this summer, we’ll explore the Hallam Glacier in the Northern Monashees. There will be striking peaks and adventure in all directions. All experience levels welcome. 7 days, $1,995.
- Hallam Glacier Artists’ Week (August 18-23, 2018). Our annual Artists Week gives access to the same terrain as the GMC. It’s fully guided, and a range of excursions are available each day. An artist-in-residence will be available for advice and workshops. Participants can choose their daily outings – from climbing peaks to short hikes to waterfalls and meadows – and focus on capturing the natural beauty of the mountains in their art. 6 days, $1,495.
- Historic GMC locations Brush up on over a century of General Mountaineering Camps in the mountains of western Canada.
ACC Mountaineering Program - Presented by Arc'teryx
The high peaks are calling.
Mountaineering Program Adventures
- First Summits Camp (Multiple dates available): Whether they’re the first summits of your summer or of your mountaineering career, this hut-based camp on the Wapta icefields is a great introduction or refresher to snow and ice mountaineering. Take yourself to new heights with our popular introductory mountaineering course. 5 days, $1,395.
- High Adventures at Lake O’Hara Camp (Multiple dates available). Take your mountaineering to the next level in one of the most beautiful places in the Rockies. Includes the classic climbs of Mts. Victoria and Lefroy from Abbot Pass. 6 days, $2,295.
- 55+ Hiking and Mountaineering Camp (Aug 19-26, 2018). A moderate mountaineering and hiking adventure based out of the Fairy Meadows hut in the Adamants mountain range. This helicopter-accessed camp features all the comfort of an in-house cook, a luxurious hut, and a wood-burning sauna to relax after your day’s excursion.
ACC Powder Program - Presented by Smartwool
Winter in Canada’s mountains means powder skiing and the ACC knows the terrain. Whether you’re looking to get skills and get up to speed, or looking for the trip of a lifetime, you’ll find it here. Join us!
Powder Program Adventures
- Rogers Pass Powder Camp (Jan 28-Feb 1, 2017). An awesome ski camp deep in Rogers Pass, based in the Wheeler and Asulkan Huts. For experienced skiers. 5 days, $1,450.
- Fairy Meadow Powder Week (April 1-8, 2017). A fly-in, fully-guided week in Selkirk powder paradise. Our most advanced powder camp. 8 days, $2,550.
Powder Program Skills Courses
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 (Multiple dates available): Canada’s first step in recreational avalanche training. 2 days, $198.
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 2 (Multiple dates available) Canada’s intermediate level recreational avalanche training. 5 days, $476.
- Introduction to Backcountry Skiing (Multiple dates available) For beginners: covers everything from avi gear and hazards to track setting and ski technique. 3 days, $550.
ACC Women's Program - Presented by Marmot
Designed for and offered exclusively to women, our Women’s Program camps allow participants to feel totally comfortable, be themselves and pursue skills and adventure in a supportive, nurturing environment. These camps are staffed and guided exclusively by women as well.
Women’s Program Adventures
- Women’s Ski Camp (Mar 6-11, 2017). A unique opportunity for participants to build on their winter skills in an all-woman setting. For those with some backcountry skiing experience. 6 days, $1,550.
- Six-Pass Ski Traverse (April 2-6, 2017). A more ambitious women’s-only, this camp will take participants on a high-level traverse in Jasper National Park. 7 days, $1,200.
- Women’s Climbing Camp – Columbia Icefield Edition (June 24-28, 2017). A week-long summer climbing camp that moves each year between the Columbia Icefields and the Bugaboos. 5 days, $1,350.
ACC Icefields Program
Vast glaciers of ice covered with metres of powder snow create an alpine environment that is the definition of solitude and silence. Crossing these enormous expanses, and summiting a few peaks along the way, is the ultimate winter backcountry experience.
Icefields Program Adventures
- Wapta Traverse (2 camps: March 17-24, and March 24-31, 2018). A Fully-guided, hut-based trip of a lifetime across one of the great glacial expanses of the Rockies. For experienced skiers. 8 days, $1,695.
- Bow-Yoho Traverse (2 camps: April 6-13 and April 14-21, 2018). Experience the Wapta from a different angle and visit the new Louise and Richard Guy Hut. 8 days, $TBD.
Icefields Program Skills Course
- Crevasse Rescue Course (TBD winter, 2018) Hone your glacier travel and self-rescue skills before your big trip. 2 days, $400.
ACC Technical Climbing Program
Technical Climbing Program Adventures
- Early Season Ice (Nov 28-Dec 2, 2016). Start your ice climbing season off on the right crampon with this Canmore-based tune up and training camp. Dry-tooling, mixed routes, leading practice and lots of coaching from ice-expert guides. 5 days, $1,150.
- Best of the Bugaboos (July 31 – Aug 4, 2017). The alpine rock climbing paradise of the Bugaboos is a must-visit destination for climbers from around the world. Join us for a hut-based camp with small groups on classic climbs. 5 days, $1,895.
Technical Climbing Program Skills Courses
- Learn to Lead Sport (TBD, 2017). Fast track your lead climbing outdoors and get the skills and confidence to sport climb on your own. 2 days, $335.
- Learn to Lead Trad (TBD 2017). Build on your climbing skills with gear placement and anchor building and open up the world of possibilities of traditional climbing. 2 days, $335.
- Learn to Lead Ice (TBD, 2017). For the ice climber looking to take their skills to the sharp end. It can be intimidating – this will help. 3 days, $650.
ACC Leadership Program - Presented by The North Face
Building leadership skills is vital to the continued strength of the ACC at the section (local) level. We empower our volunteers by fine-tuning hard skills while paying particular attention to the softer leadership skills of group dynamics, hazard management and communication. Our leadership program courses are open to amateur leaders in the ACC’s 22 local sections.
Leadership Program Courses
- Summer Leadership Course (July 29-Aug 5, 2017). A comprehensive leadership course in mountain and glaciated terrain that focuses on leaders’ decision making skills along with hard skills. Based at the ACC’s annual General Mountaineering Camp. 8 days, $995
- Winter Leadership Course (Feb 10-18, 2017). An intensive, thought-provoking course that will identify and exercise key leadership skills in a winter environment. Based out of the HI-Lake Louise Alpine Centre. 8 days, $995