The ACC’s newsletter
The Gazette covers current Club events, true adventure stories submitted by members from across the country and around the globe, safety tips, gear hints, history, scientific and cultural issues pertaining to the mountain environment, as well as section news and classified ads. It is published in March, July and November.
- Summer 2017, view as a: FLIPBOOK | PDF
- Spring 2017, view as a: FLIPBOOK | PDF
- Winter 2016, view as a: FLIPBOOK | PDF.
- Summer 2016, as a: FLIPBOOK | PDF.
- Spring 2016, view as a: FLIPBOOK | PDF.
View the Digital Gazette Archives back to 2002.
Advertising in the Gazette:
Give your business a competitive advantage by advertising to dedicated mountaineers. Advertising makes consumers feel positive about your company’s commitment to its products and services. Perhaps most important is staying at the top of buyers’ minds when purchase decisions are made.
Our full colour Gazette newsletter has an extensive audience across our country, throughout the U.S. and overseas. Together with notices, information and reports on special events, subjects of interest and programs offered, the Gazette provides an up-to-date resource for club members and others interested in mountaineering and climbing. Material is carefully selected to represent the wide range of interests and concerns of our membership and the mountaineering community.
Article Submission Guidelines
We are always seeking good articles and stories from members and regional Sections. The deadlines for submissions are January 10th, May 10th, September 10th, respectively. Before submitting your story to the Gazette, please contact Lynn Martel, Gazette Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the following:
- Is your idea timely? Or did the Gazette run a story about the same location/person/climb in the past six issues (two years)?
- How long – how many words your story should be. This is very important, since the Gazette has only 32 pages total, and must accommodate a number of members’ stories, as well as photographs, notices and advertisements.
- The writing deadline – the latest date the Gazette needs to receive your completed story in order to be considered for the upcoming issue.
- Photo guidelines – when out in the mountains, if you hope to see any of your images published in the Gazette, they must be taken in the largest size and resolution your camera will allow. Any photos saved as less than 1 MB will not be considered at all. Photos of 3 MB are much better.We can accept Camera Raw, JPEG and TIFF formats.
- Cover photo – the Gazette is always looking for great high resolution images that depict some of the action from one of that issue’s feature stories.
The Gazette reserves the right to edit contributions for size, clarity and accuracy, although much attention is paid to preserving the original tone and style of all submissions we publish. We prefer to work closely with authors, so we may have questions and might ask for revisions. The Alpine Club of Canada reserves the right to publish these works in print, on our website and in promotional material. Writers retain all other rights to their work. By submitting your article and/or photographs, you are agreeing to these copyright terms.